Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Born racist? (the Help)

The book I am reading currently, the help, is mainly about raceisim. It takes place in the 1950's, when racisim and segregation are very real issues. People who are born don't have their personalty imbedded in their genes, that's why People are not born racist. If ones parents are racist, it is more likely that the kid will be because they have a influence on them from a young age. But mabie if there was a kid who was born to racist parents and adopted by nice non judgemental parents, kid would be a non racest.

In the help, the little boy named Mae mobely is born with a absent and mean mother so the maid takes care of him, sence the maid is raising the boy, he will probaly think of the maid as more of a mother figure than the actual mom.

In the book it talkes about how the maid would see red hand marks on the back of mae's legs from the mom. This is another reason why the baby would grow away from the mom and testes the main character.

I can't wait to find out how these issues will be resolved. I will come back to this topic once I have more textual evidence to support my thesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment