Right now I am reading true grit. It's a pretty good book and I'm dying to read the end. In the book the main charcter, the girl, is pushing herself too hard to be brave but she turns out to be by the end of the book.
For example she is on this quest right now with two dudes she just met and dont really know. She is going to find the man who killed her father, and she is going to the end of the earth to find him. I'm not too aware of many 14 year old girls who would travel with two guys she just met to find the guy who killed her dad, that seems pretty abnormal to me.
When they had found shelter and people rooster had been chasing had been it she stood pretty strong. When they got in side and everything had progressed, she was really scared. Especially when they started fighting and she just stood there while blood squired on her! In the book it tells you how she was shaking in fear, wich shows she was actually terrefied.
Later on in the book when they go out searching for Chaney again, she forgets he gun and demands they go back. The men deny her request because they have already gone to far. I think this shows she is scared because she is afraid the 2 men might die and she would be left alone. She would be hopeless without her pistol. She is scared that she will lose the 2 men and be left to defend herself.
I think these reasons show that the girl is really scared and is just trying to hide it. My perdection is that she will grow as a person in this experience and become really brave to fight the life in front of her.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete