Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Phonie shamoney

Im reading catcher and the rye, and here are some of my thoughts:
in the book the main character is a kind of boring dude. He calls everyone a phonie and thinks he's too good for anything. I picked up this book thinking it would be a old classic but its just a narrative from a bored kid who gets kicked out of schools. I don't think the author fully created a person for each character, all the people kind of sound the same. I don't mean to be ranting on this book, its okay but I don't think it deserves the title of classic. The whole book is just a narrative that sound like: "he's a phonie, don't get me wrong i mean. everything sucks." thats basically how he talks the whole time and I'm kind of getting bored of it. I might change my opinion on this book later but for now I think it's a boring one dimentchual rant.

1 comment: